I thought this latest comment was so well-written that I’ve decided to give it a thread of it’s own for you to comment on:
“The Isle of Thanet Gazette (IOTG) also gave space to Mr Hunter of Waterbridge Developers or as they now seemed to be called Margate Town Centre Regeneration Company Ltd (MTCRC) to knock the Save Dreamland campaigners.
I am seriously impressed by Waterbridge's PR/spin team.
What a great name and what a great tactic to ridicule your main opposition group!
IOTG quotes Mr Hunter:
1) ‘Margate is a tremendous town with a huge heart and great potential’ - PR speak for praise the local plebs and butter them up.
2) ‘Please look to the future’ - PR speak for you're hidebound old reactionaries and we're the sole people of vision.
3) 'Recognise that MTCRC is here to develop some world class facilities in leisure and supported by mixed use’- PR speak for we want to maximise our profit by building flats, houses, shops.
4) ('Not financially supported but for the good of an attractive urban regeneration') - PR speak for stress other use of Dreamland site to make sure we can maximise profit.
5) ‘Your campaign against me is starting to look vindictive and small minded’ - PR speak for your a serious threat to our plans to maximise profits so this slur will make you look small and pathetic.
Waterbridge or MTCRC has every right to maximise its profits when investing and developing and good luck to them. However, they are sitting on a critical site to regenerate Margate. The Local Planning Inspector stressed the need to keep it for development as a major tourism puller and that idea is already being watered down.
Sorry, Mr Hunter, either you make your money developing it as we and TDC and our local Inspector have outlined or TDC should compulsorily purchase it and do it itself.
The more you slag off Save Dreamland Campaign and try and kid us that a small big wheel is a big deal then you lose your credibility.”